Carli

Join us in welcoming our daughter Cara Callia Orendain. Born last March 14, 2005, she came into this world at 6.6 lbs - healthy and beaming with joy. This is her blog, written by her parents with her thoughts in mind. She has been a source of their renewed creativity, and hopefully she will someday enjoy reading these to herself.

September 14, 2005

The Quick Brown Pox...




Last August, mom finally contracted chicken pox. Being the late bloomer that she is, all she could be thankful for was the fact that she did not have the "pox" while she was pregnant with me.

Her chicken pox, however, took a turn for the worse when she started (which she always does) scratching the small pox. The pox on her head got so heavily infected that she had to be hospitalized. Mom has this way of being hospitalized for the most seemingly harmless illnesses.

Anyway, she consoled herself with the thought that she she didn't pass on the virus to me because a week and a half after she recovered, I still showed no signs of the infection. Her optimism bubble soon burst when a week after she had been hospitalized, I began to show signs of infection. As you can see in these pictures, I was not a lovely site to behold. There were large lesions everywhere in my body ... even in places the medical books said they would not appear (like palms, under my feet, butt, etc.)

The only good thing about this "quick brown pox" is that I hardly felt anything. Mom took me to my pediatrician and my good doctor gave me medicines which made me sleep like a log to prevent me from scratching. In the end it was ok to have contracted the chicken pox when I did. It gave me another chance to bond with mom. We were both spotty, dotty lady bugs. I guess this also saves us some money, cause I won't have to get my immunization for chicken pox anymore. Yehey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home