Carli

Join us in welcoming our daughter Cara Callia Orendain. Born last March 14, 2005, she came into this world at 6.6 lbs - healthy and beaming with joy. This is her blog, written by her parents with her thoughts in mind. She has been a source of their renewed creativity, and hopefully she will someday enjoy reading these to herself.

September 17, 2005

Daddy and Me





There seems to be an unspoken rule among dads and baby girls -- every baby girl is always DADDY'S GIRL!

Dad says he likes having a baby girl because he's been deprived of girls much of his life. I don't know what that means, but mom tells me just to take dad's word for it. Every day, dad patiently talks to me and plays silly games with me. I love hearing him read from my animal cloth books or from Ninang Joji's Dr. Seuss collection.

Just a few days ago, mom decided to take a series of snapshots of me and daddy in the hopes that I would indulge in "funny face"- making just like dad was teaching me to do. Here are some of our pictures, and obviously, only one of us has a funny face. I won't say who, but you can easily guess because one of us in the picture is obviously preoccupied with a toy on the floor.

When I see these pictures, I can't help but be thankful I'm a daddy's girl. I am smothered with kisses everyday, and sniffed to the max till I am scentless. I enjoy his undivided attention and I can choose to be attentive to him or not. When I'm in a cranky mood, I know dad will do everything to cheer me up. There is a certain magic in being daddy's girl you know, and the part I like best is when I can hug him tight and he will never want to let go. I hope dad stays like this with me forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home