Carli

Join us in welcoming our daughter Cara Callia Orendain. Born last March 14, 2005, she came into this world at 6.6 lbs - healthy and beaming with joy. This is her blog, written by her parents with her thoughts in mind. She has been a source of their renewed creativity, and hopefully she will someday enjoy reading these to herself.

September 21, 2005

The Price of Beauty


I finally had my ears pierced last Saturday. It could have been a painless experience had it not been coupled with my measles vaccine.

We got to my pediatrician late in the afternoon and mom happily chose a hypoallergenic set of flower earrings with a stone in them for me. They looked cute up until Dr. Carol fitted one onto a gun-like contraption and aimed it at me. By that time I thought they looked deadly.

With a pen, my good doctor proceeded to mark the puncture spots on my earlobes. She had a tough time doing so as I squirmed in fright at the thought of being a "marked" baby. After five attempts at marking the spot on my right earlobe, she had agreed with mom that the dot was aligned with the one on my left. That signaled the shooting to begin. I squealed helplessly while Mommy, Yaya Menchi, and the doctor's assistant restrained me.

Despite my screaming, I heard two distinct gun shots and felt the flower-earrings firmly planted into my earlobes. I let out a sigh of relief and thought to myself "Haaaay! This is the price I have to pay for trying to be more beautiful."

Now, after three days of wearing my earrings, I have gotten used to them and think they do make me look prettier. Finally, I will be able to use all the other pretty earrings given to me by my Ninangs at my baptism. I'll try all of them on as soon as I'm allowed to change this "gun-dispensed" pair. Check out my blog around a month from now and see me wearing my "Ninang Collection."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home