Carli

Join us in welcoming our daughter Cara Callia Orendain. Born last March 14, 2005, she came into this world at 6.6 lbs - healthy and beaming with joy. This is her blog, written by her parents with her thoughts in mind. She has been a source of their renewed creativity, and hopefully she will someday enjoy reading these to herself.

March 03, 2006

Memoirs of a Baby Geisha

Last Saturday, we celebrated Lolo Victor's birthday with a good lunch out. Daddy tells me Lolo would have been 84 and would have loved me and mommy to bits.

Lola Betty had been craving for fresh oysters for quite some time and so we gave her a treat at Marina. This is one of Mommy's favorite restos as it serves the freshest and safest oysters in the Metro.

I sat in own baby chair as mommy fed me all the good stuff my milk teeth could handle -- grilled fish (really good), vegetables, and Sinigang (phew . . . spicy hot stuff!). Lola Betty, sat quietly at the head of the table happily gobbling up all the oysters she could take.

In the course of the meal, Mommy noticed a Japanese boy on the other table who was watching me the whole time. I seem to have a huge appeal with Japanese boys. Mom says my big doe eyes make them think I come straight out of an Japanese Anime series. And Dad thinks they find me pretty enough to pass for a Japanese geisha.

Well, going back to my “Made in Japan” fan. He finally mustered some courage to go up to our table and introduce himself. He was nice and he tried talking to me and making me smile. I couldn’t make out what this Ninja was saying, but I think he wanted my autograph.

Lola thought I was too young to entertain boys but mom and dad said it was OK as long as I don’t give them our phone number . Ninong Martin, in true paparazzi fashion, stole this shot with my new Japanese admirer.

I didn’t have a chance to get his name so let’s just call him Ken . . . Watanabe. Sounds good, don’t you think? Well I guess, I’ll make him President of my fan club—Japan Chapter. Sorry, Yuki. You’re fired!














I

1 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the site's new look! :) saan yung marina? kain tayo doon! nagutom tuloy ako for oysters! buti pa si carli kumakain! inggit ako talaga. we are still struggling with gia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home