Carli

Join us in welcoming our daughter Cara Callia Orendain. Born last March 14, 2005, she came into this world at 6.6 lbs - healthy and beaming with joy. This is her blog, written by her parents with her thoughts in mind. She has been a source of their renewed creativity, and hopefully she will someday enjoy reading these to herself.

September 21, 2005

Put your foot in your mouth

My first two teeth which recently erupted have finally become more prominent. My parents are delighted with this new development and I have been rewarded with various kinds teethers, all of which can be cooled and served for my teething pleasure.

The latest teether mom has gotten me is one shaped like a foot. This gives new meaning to the cliche' "I've put my foot in my mouth", simply because I do have to put my foot in my mouth to soothe my itching gums and teeth. I think my parents get a kick out of having me put my foot in my mouth just to teach me valuable lessons in life like - you sometimes DO put your foot in your mouth KNOWINGLY.

With my latest skills of grasping and letting go, I have begun to see what cause and effect means. If I grab everything in the bed (toys, toilet paper holder, diaper, etc..) then that will get my parents' attention. Cause - my ability to hold anything and everything - and Effect - fear in my parent's eyes that I might ingest something dirty or small enough that I might choke on it. Well, I do enjoy watching them try to grab everything ahead of me. :)

I think for now I will have to settle putting my foot (teether) in my mouth, its cold and rubbery and enjoyable to chomp on.

2 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cara, you are so cute! Congratulations on your new teeth!I love visiting your site and I look forward to reading new things about you! As I've just told your mommy, I visit your site even before I read my morning paper. News about you is far better than anything the newspapers have to say anyway!

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should enjoy having "that" foot in your mouth for now... later on in life, it won't be as fun anymore! hahahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home