Carli

Join us in welcoming our daughter Cara Callia Orendain. Born last March 14, 2005, she came into this world at 6.6 lbs - healthy and beaming with joy. This is her blog, written by her parents with her thoughts in mind. She has been a source of their renewed creativity, and hopefully she will someday enjoy reading these to herself.

July 13, 2006

World Cup Kicker

While at New World Hotel, Daddy and I discovered this cool spot at the lobby for World Cup enthusiasts -- a patch of grass with soccer balls on it.

It was simply irresistible. My soccer instincts just kicked in and sooner than my Dad could catch up with me, I was on the green for penalty kicks.

I would have brought an official World Cup soccer ball home, but Dad didn't let me. And not only did I not bring a souvenir home, I also lost my left Florsheim shoe. I must have kicked the ball so hard that I didn’t notice my shoe flying with it.

We had a fairly difficult time getting a room in the hotel because there were a lot of local residents booked just to watch the World Cup. We didn't get to watch any of the games there but I sure had a piece of World Cup action. Look at me, I'm such a good kicker!

I think this is where I originally lost my shoe earlier during We had a fairly difficult time trying

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home