Carli

Join us in welcoming our daughter Cara Callia Orendain. Born last March 14, 2005, she came into this world at 6.6 lbs - healthy and beaming with joy. This is her blog, written by her parents with her thoughts in mind. She has been a source of their renewed creativity, and hopefully she will someday enjoy reading these to herself.

September 28, 2005

Fan Mail

Yesterday, I got my first fan mail from my biggest fan -- Lola Betty. How many babies get a taste of stardom this way? I'm so lucky to have my Lola around. She says I make her laugh. Truth is, she does too and I'm her biggest fan as well.

Dad read Lola's letter to me -- two pages of it written in her perfect Assumption handwriting -- and Mom cried as she listened in. I will forever treasure this priceless letter -- funny, full of wisdom, and unmistakably Lola Betty. I love you Lola .

I'm keeping the original but asked my secretary to share the transcript with you.

September 26, 2005

Dear Carli,

You were only a few hours old when I first saw you. You are the cutest baby in the world! Your hair was so nice and tidy. But the next time I saw you, your hair was so so unruly and you looked like a pretty “bruha.” And then your pug nose does not make you pretty but beautiful. Your earrings make you girlie girlie.

You smell sooooo good! Your sweaty feet smell like Happy cologne. Your laway hands smell like my rosary pressed rose petals. Your breath – wow – baby’s breath talaga. When your daddy brings you to my room in the morning before your bath, your head at the back smells like a pillow.

According to your Yaya, when you make “kisi-kisi” your feet, that’s a sign that you are “chiplada.” That’s not true. You will be the kindest girl in the world.

Your cousin Gio says I laugh like a witch – hehehehe. But at least he is polite enough not to say that I also look like one. You are my favorite “apo.” But don’t tell Tito David. Hindi ba, I’m your favorite Lola? Anyway you can tell that also to your other Lola, behind my back.

When you can talk na, tell your Daddy and Mommy that your first word was “La.” I am sure you remember that. Nobody believes me. Now I am suppose to teach you how to say “Ninang and Ninong” because Christmas is fast approaching.

Thank you Carli for teaching me how to laugh again – no inhibitions, no excuses to act childish and foolish, and to say “abajingay-jingay” without being mistaken for a mental case.

When you are big na, I don’t want you to be too “goody-goody.” I want you to be naughty. My mama, your great Lola, was naughty in school but she turned out to be the best mother in the world. She used to get 0 for conduct but 100 for studies.

When you are already in school, I’m sure your Daddy and Mommy will pressure you to study, study, study, so you can be at the top of your class. Just ignore them. No tutors. Tell them you can study on your own. Like your Great Lola, you will be naughty and bright. Enjoy life and be happy.

I agree with your Daddy that you can have a boyfriend when you are 30. But I will be more lenient. You can have one when you are 29 ½ . In life you will be making a lot of mistakes. I hope I will still be around to support you. Lots of love and xxxx, hugs, hugs, hugs. Bye for now.


From you crazy hehehehe ….

Lola




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home