Carli

Join us in welcoming our daughter Cara Callia Orendain. Born last March 14, 2005, she came into this world at 6.6 lbs - healthy and beaming with joy. This is her blog, written by her parents with her thoughts in mind. She has been a source of their renewed creativity, and hopefully she will someday enjoy reading these to herself.

September 26, 2005

Inner Child Stress



It’s tough being a baby in an adult world. Everyone wants your undivided attention. If you can’t give them that, a piece of you will do – a cheek, a nose, a toe, a finger …. or whatever they can lay their hands on.

Picture this. We were at Ninang Joji’s condo yesterday. Mom was carrying me, Lola was making funny faces over Mom’s shoulder and babbling “abajingay-jingay” to get me to giggle for everyone, Daddy was wiping drool off my chin and cheeks, Ninang Joji was nibbling on my toes, Cousin Carlo was trying to extract me from Mommy, Ninong Martin was shaking my hand, and Tita Nina was ordering me to smile for her camera.

Would you blame me if I did what I did – screamed my head off and cried! Goodness. These big people! They complain when just one of us kids bother them when they’re in the middle of something. Yet they expect us to handle a mob of adult attention seekers when we’re just six months and two feet tall? Hello, I didn’t sign up to be a rockstar hounded by a hoard of maddening fans.

Hey Ninang Joji, 20 or 30 years from now, this blog will be a valuable source of insights into my inner child.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home